Phone Number

What Paperwork Is Needed To Junk My Car?


If you are planning to scrap your old vehicle, junk car companies usually require either the title or registration and a driver’s license for the vehicle you are getting rid of.  This is a requirement for salvage companies because it safeguards them from buying stolen vehicles.  If the vehicle has no documentation, it is considered an “abandoned car” and cannot be scrapped.

Vehicles that are less than 10 years old, require the title and cannot be accepted with just the registration.  When the title is given to the salvage company, no other documentation is required.  On the other hand, when the registration is given, the registered owner’s driver’s license is also required.

  • The title of a vehicle is a legal form, establishing a person or business as the legal owner of the vehicle.
  • The registration of a vehicle shows the plate number and what vehicle that plate is registered to.

If you have misplaced the car title, you can acquire a copy from your state’s motor vehicle registration department. Once you have obtained the title copy, check to make sure every detail is accurate and it has the correct spelling of your name, and also keep a copy for yourself.

The phrase “no title, no problem” realistically means that if you do not have the title, it’s not a problem; however, you need to provide other forms of documentation.  You can scrap your car even if you don’t have the title, if you can prove ownership with the registration and the registered owner’s driver’s license.  This process is designed to protect both the seller and the salvage company.

If you’re trying to scrap your car, contact ARS Towing & Junk Car Removal at 617-719-6439 and request a free quote from us! We tow away your car free of charge and have same day pick up!

Call Us Now